Sunday, March 20, 2011

Have I ever told you about THE BOOKCASE?

Nelson’s mom gave us a bookcase for a wedding present.  I can’t remember exactly when we got it but it was either right before or after our wedding.  She bought it for $100 at a garage sale.  It is in great shape only it was ugly as can be.  We decided it would be our little project to strip it and repaint it so we can use it in our spare bedroom.  Well, we have now been married for over two years and guess where that book case is?  If you guessed the garage you would be right!  It is still taking up space in our garage.  Every now and then we get a whim and work on it.  So far we have stripped it, sanded it, and kilzed part of it.  We disagree on the next few steps.  Nelson wants to RESAND the entire thing after we finish putting the kilz on it.  I highly dislike this idea because it has already been sitting in our garage for TWO YEARS.  I just don’t think we should be adding steps in the process!  In my mind that just adds another six months to its finish date.  Why am I writing about this?  Well I have decided to make it a personal vow to finish this book case with or without Nelson.  I hope to have it done in the next two weeks.  I am using this blog to help hold myself accountable.  This weather is perfect to take care of this project.  The only reason I am not currently working on my project is because I ran out of kilz and I need Nelson to flip it so I can get to another section of it.  I am including some pictures of it from the start and I hope to add a finished product soon!
This is what it looked like with just the outside sanded: 

After some stripping:

A shelf stripped and sanded:




What it looks like as of today:



On a side note I went in to have a blood test on Thursday.  This was the next step we were waiting for to continue with our new fertility process.  The doctor prescribed a medicine I couldn’t take until I had this test done because it would make my results false. This was a two hour test so I had to wait until spring break to have it done so I didn’t have to take off work!  Eugh!  The waiting!   Anyways, we should be ready for our next round of clomid by the end of this month or beginning of next month.  Let’s just keep our fingers crossed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment